I’ve almost been in Barcelona for a whole two weeks now and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of all there is to do here. Admittedly, school started this week and I was unfortunate enough to get sick as well, meaning most of my free time this week I spent lying in bed watching Netflix:/ However, I have managed to experience a few of the amazing sights this city has to offer.
My top activities so far include:
- Parc de Guell.. dedicated post coming soon:)
- PICASSO museum! I LOVE Picasso, especially his drawings and there was a great selection at the museum here. Bonus, it’s free for university students:D
- The old city and simply wandering around the streets, getting lost on purpose. There is so much sweet graffiti/street art everywhere you look. I included a few of my fav’s in the pictures up above.
- La Sagrada Familia, didn’t get to go in because tickets were sold out. I went late in the day though so that’s just bad planning on my part. This is kinda interesting for a civil engineer.. what a nightmare that project must be to manage! haha…
- Carnival in Sitges was pretty neat and only a 30 min train ride from Barcelona. The only thing I could think to compare it to was gay pride parade in Vancouver.. and that’s not really it either.
I spent about 4 hours at Parc de Guell taking photos (part of the time in the rain) so I’m making that one into it’s own post! Actually, I’m suspecting that this might be why I caught a cold.. whoops.